Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Being Pregnant?

My 7 months pregnancy

Some of my closest friends are pregnant! Yeiy! I am truly happy for them!

Being pregnant - as I remember - was not as difficult as I thought before I was pregnant myself. On our wedding day, I did tell my husband that I was afraid to be pregnant. I told him many-many-many things that made me afraid.

Summary: I was not ready (yet).

All those difficulties that I imagined I had to go through, was enough to make me afraid. I love children - especially babies - but I was afraid to be pregnant, to give birth, and to have that huge responsibility on my shoulder.



But then my sister got pregnant. It was her 2nd child... and that's when I saw how wonderful it was to have your own baby.

That's when I decided to overcome my fears and got pregnant.

For me, being pregnant is about adjusting. I have to adjust to my own body, to my daily routine, to the baby inside me, to my emotions, and all. I'm grateful to have my supportive family and friends near me.

However, one thing I remember best: being pregnant makes me feel special. Not because everybody treats me differently (in a good way). But because I felt like I was chosen to carry this special baby inside me.

I was chosen to love and take care of this little cute baby, to protect him. I was chosen to share and be there in every moment he will have - all the good and the bad.

I was chosen to be infused with such a huge love and to feel his love. I was chosen to be a mother - his mother.

That dismisses all the fears I had inside. Those overwhelming special feeling only made me smile each time I thought about my pregnancy.

Everyday that passed by made my love for my baby grew bigger and bigger - so was my belly. And when I finally gave birth, the love was overwhelming. Lots of time, the love did make me cry - scared and thankful at the same time.

Looking at my newborn baby, I realized I was starting a new chapter on my life. I realized that he is the most important thing in my life, my first priority.

My job, my trips, my careless days can not compete to this beautiful human being. So little, so cute, so precious. I embraced all the responsibility that I have to face, right away.

Now, having to know that my closest friends are pregnant, my memory flashes back. And those feeling of being pregnant struck me like a bullet.

Yup. I guess I miss being pregnant. :)

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

pregnant maneh jenk? hihihi... yo bareng aku...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...