Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

Happily Ever After!


The marriage of Sultan's daughter had been the talk across the town. Yes, a marriage of a princess would always be a huge event for the people.

That's why I was very honored when I received the invitation for the wedding party. It was held on Friday night.

So, Friday night came. I went to the party with a friend, and my parents. They were invited, also. And there we were, queuing with thousands of guests.

The party itself was fas from my expectation. I imagined, it would be a glamorous standing party. I imagined, I could take some pictures of the bride and groom (of course, for an article that I had to write). I imagined, I would mingle around and have a chit-chat with some friends which were also invited.

I wanted to enjoy the party.

Well, it was a glamorous party, indeed. But it wasn't as a 'standing-party' as I pictured. I had to sit on the back row when traditional dances were performed. And there wasn't any screen where I could see the dancers.


That was my view. A lady with an asymmetrical bundle of jasmine on top of her head.

Then after a half an hour or so, it was time to eat. Dinner, at last.

Chicken cordon bleu, Javanese steak, grilled lamb, satay, and many more. They also served tiramisu, opera cake, ronde, caramel pudding, and various of juices for the dessert.

They all looked del-i-cious!

All I had to do is choose. And struggle!

I had to struggle between the guests - who look like willing to kill - for a plate of mashed potatoes, few slices of cordon bleu, and a piece of meatloaf.

Instead of satisfying my hunger, it was making it worse.

No wonder, I managed to try all kind of foods that they served. Not all, but almost all. The food, just as they looked, tasted great.

Then duty called. I had to write this event and upload it on the web. Which I couldn't do. I couldn't write because they hadn't given me the data. And I couldn't take a single picture because there were too many guests blocking the view. I couldn't even see a glimpse of the bride and groom.

So, we went home, without 'shaking hands' with the royal family. I guess, they have to be satisfied only with this writing.

Anyway, just as all princesses (and princes) should be, may both of you live happily ever after.

Even without any fairy godmother.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish i could see the pic taken by you:))

dhiraestria dyah said...

thea, FYI, on that glamorous party, some people struggled for pictures, and the others for a plate of mashed potatoes..
well, keep wishing dear... ;)

NB. hihihi... peace, ndie.. :p

bulb-mode said...

thea:
Lha itu... ibu-melati-asimetris itulah satu"nya fotoku... :-S

dhiraestria dyah:
Hah... aku semakin merasa tidak tangguh... :-S Anyway, aku cukup tangguh mempertahankan antrian mashed potatoes-ku koq... :D

Anonymous said...

waduh kalian gimana sih..udah dateng berdua, masak kalah tangguh menyenggol ibu2 pake jarik:))

bulb-mode said...

thea:
The, ibu-ibu berjariknya itu berada di antara bapak-bapak berbeskap... dengan keris siap menghunus... :-S

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...