Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

The Birth of My Design

When I was a little girl, designing - absolutely - was not what I imagined I would be doing at the age of now. Though my mother designed lots of clothes since I hadn't been born yet, I was too busy looking for 'my own dream'.

My passions were in something else. I love sports. I love traveling. I love lots of things. But not fashion.

Yet, time has its own way to turn our plans up-side-down, hasn't it?

Time lets me know that I could never be MacGyver. I would never have a brain that equals to those Richard Dean Anderson's scripts. Who would normally think about
using cactus as a source of electricity?

Yes, it did break my hope. A little.

So, I changed my dream. I wanted to be able to work at the Embassy. Why? Because I get to go and stay in other countries. That would be fun... wouldn't it?

Time again who reveals everything.

It turned out that I - am - not - in - to - politic!

Well, that would certainly be a problem. How can I, who am 'not - in - to - politic' deal with those politics?

Then I started to write. I love writing. I always does.

I wrote articles for websites, magazines, etc. I even wrote a fiction.

By writing, I learned so many (new) things. I get to know things that I wouldn't even give a glimpse at. And, few of them did attract me.

Including fashion.

Since I wrote a few times for a fashion magazine, I had to know about fashion. I read and learned about it. I talk about it. I heard a lot of it. And I had a crush on it. Still having.

Time - in its own way - brought me here. I just realized that a few days ago, I was doing a thing that I refused to learn since ages. I designed a dress for a friend. A simple, and not an avant-garde, one.

But it was my first design (copied from here and there).

Anyway, welcome to the fashion world, Indie.

4 comments:

dhiraestria dyah said...

well.. why that dress looks familiar..?
:D

bulb-mode said...

dhiraestria dyah:
Haha! Would you help me by telling me why? ;p

dhiraestria dyah said...

emmm... i'm wondering, why it looks like my favorite beautiful dress... ;)

bulb-mode said...

Aih! Benarkah...? ;p That WAS my first...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...